I'm a Man Utd fan and this is what I believe will be outcome of Michael Carrick's next six matches – opinion

I’m not the only Manchester United fan thinking about the busy October period for Michael Carrick’s men in the aftermath of the October international break.

First, I am not the only Manchester United supporter who is finally feeling happy that the three-week international break is finally over and the season will resume.

The extended October break did help with taking the pressure off Michael Carrick and Co after Man Utd’s mixed 2026-27 campaign at Old Trafford so far.

United have four Premier League matches and two Champions League fixtures in October and I’ve put my neck on the line with my predictions for Carrick’s side.

READ MORE: Four lessons learned from Bruno Fernandes’ verdict on Cristiano Ronaldo vs Jorge Jesus battle for Portugal

1. Man Utd vs Tottenham — Premier League (Old Trafford)

This must be a three-pointer for Manchester United manager Michael Carrick after Tottenham’s woeful start to the Premier League campaign. However, I do not see it coming easy for United after their form pre-October international break.

Roberto De Zerbi will need Spurs to come out swinging after being bottom of the Premier League table and Man Utd can pounce on a vulnerable Tottenham with the ‘right’ tactical plan.

My prediction: Man Utd 3-0 Tottenham

READ MORE: Why Joshua Zirkzee thinks Michael Carrick has not been using him at Man Utd as he breaks his silence

2. Man Utd vs Atletico Madrid — Champions League (Metropolitano Stadium)

While Man Utd’s Premier League season has been up and down so far, at least the Champions League campaign has started strong. Okay, I know, it’s been only one match so far, but three points is three points in the Champions League.

I think Man Utd’s 4-0 demolition of Sabah at Old Trafford is the perfect springboard for a tougher test against Atletico Madrid. It’s United’s first Champions League away match under a permanent Carrick reign and I think the Red Devils will walk away with an important point from their visit to the Metropolitano Stadium.

My prediction: Man Utd 1-1 Atletico Madrid

READ MORE: Man Utd would have ‘added huge value’ by signing two Benjamin Sesko alternatives, claims Rio Ferdinand

3. Leeds Utd vs Man Utd — Premier League (Elland Road)

Could this be a real banana-skin moment for Carrick and Man Utd? Leeds United were only one of the two teams that handed Carrick a defeat during his stunning 17-match reign as interim head coach last season.

United faced Leeds United in pre-season and the Red Devils won on penalties after a 1-1 scoreline in regular playing time. I feel that the trip to Elland Road has come at the wrong time with Man Utd’s stuttering momentum, but I think Carrick’s men can pick up a hard-fought draw.

My prediction: Man Utd 2-2 Leeds Utd

READ MORE: Why Man Utd’s pursuit of striker or left-back in summer would have left Ineos at mercy of one requirement

4. Como vs Manchester United — Champions League (Giuseppe Sinigaglia Stadium)

Como pose a similar challenge for United as Sabah: the fact that the Red Devils have never played them before this upcoming Champions League encounter. I feel that Carrick might face a cagey match against Serie A side Como, who are currently led by Cesc Fabregas.

I would feel far more confident in predicting a Man Utd win over Como if Cesc Fabregas’ men were visiting Old Trafford. However, I think that United still have enough to come out on top against Como and to leave Italy with three points after a tricky test against the Serie A club.

My prediction: Man Utd 2-1 Como

READ MORE: Rio Ferdinand reveals his biggest ‘question’ for Glazers as he can’t work out logic behind Man Utd decision

5. Manchester United vs Bournemouth — Premier League (Old Trafford)

I think the penultimate match at Old Trafford in October will be a test for Man Utd in how they have managed the back-and-forth switch between the Premier League and the Champions League. I feel that the Bournemouth fixture is another important moment for Carrick to plug the Premier League points dropped this season.

Bournemouth have struggled at the start of their season — at the time of writing at least — and mirror the situation with Tottenham in parts. I do feel that United won’t make it easy for themselves, but I cannot see how Carrick could afford to chalk up anything but a win here.

My prediction: Man Utd: 2-1 Bournemouth

READ MORE: Sir Alex Ferguson’s ‘high-standard’ comparison involving Pep Guardiola could take an interesting turn now

6. Chelsea vs Man Utd — Premier League (Stamford Bridge)

Here we are, as the month of October will end and I feel that Carrick might trip up on the visit to Stamford Bridge for United’s encounter with Chelsea. To Carrick’s credit, Man Utd did beat Chelsea 1-0 at Stamford Bridge in April last season and even kept a clean sheet with their makeshift defence.

However, I do think that Carrick might overthink his approach to the Premier League clash later this month and Chelsea will capitalise on the United manager’s decision. I want to say a draw, but unfortunately, I think this will be a Man Utd defeat under Carrick.

My prediction: Man Utd 0-2 Chelsea



from United In Focus https://ift.tt/9FqeGk7

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post