Roy Keane names three former Man Utd teammates he would pick for his perfect night out, one legend was never in doubt

Sky Sports pundit Roy Keane revealed the three former Manchester United players that he would include in his perfect night out, including naming two club legends.

Roy Keane was widely hailed for his impact both on the field and off it during his legendary playing career at Manchester United.

The 52-year-old United legend is widely regarded as one of the best midfielders and captains of all time after his remarkable impact at Old Trafford.

Keane was a key leadership figure under legendary former United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, with the Irishman captaining his side to an iconic treble win in 1999.

The former United captain was admired for his no-nonsense approach on the pitch and Keane wasn’t afraid to pull any punches when necessary.

Despite his successful career as a player, Keane has candidly opened up about his enjoyment of the nightlife and his excessive drinking habit.

The Irish hardman has previously shared his experience of giving up drinking and putting behind his alcohol abuse from his time as a player.

READ MORE: Roy Keane offers very rare compliment to Sir Alex Ferguson amid rivalry, he deeply ‘liked’ one aspect of Man Utd legend

Roy Keane working as a pundit for Sky Sports ahead of the Premier League match between Manchester United and Arsenal FC at Old Trafford on May 12, ...
Photo by Robbie Jay Barratt – AMA/Getty Images

Keane picks three Man Utd teammates

Speaking on the Stick to Football show, Roy Keane opened up about his illustrious playing career and his relationship with Manchester United legend Sir Alex Ferguson.

During the community questions, however, the former United midfielder was asked to pick three former Red Devils players he would take on a night out with him.

Keane revealed his first pick would be none other than Lee Sharpe, who has previously opened up about the Irishman’s drinking habits.

The former Sunderland and Ipswich Town boss then named Nicky Butt as his second pick, with both Ian Wright and Gary Neville left in stitches.

Nicky Butt, who was part of the famed ‘Class of ‘92’ alongside Gary Neville, has a well-documented reputation for his hilarious antics at Old Trafford.

Finally, Keane’s third pick was fellow Cork native and United legend Denis Irwin, who was never in doubt over his selection due to his relationship with the Irishman.

“Sharpie would be one,” Keane said on The Overlap.

“Sharpie’s really good to me when I was at United. Really good to me. I like Sharpie. Yeah, Sharpie would be one. Good laugh for a night out.

“Butty. You knew that was coming. You know what? I would have to bring my buddy out, Denis. Denis Irwin to be the calm one.”

READ MORE: Roy Keane breaks down his biggest ‘issue’ with Man Utd legend he called ‘overrated,’ he doesn’t hold back his feelings

Man Utd legend Keane on drinking habit

Keane has opened up on his reputation for being a heavy drinker and admitted that his habit became more like a “hobby” when he was a player.

“This idea that me and Ferguson just had one bust-up right at the end… We had loads,” he told ShortList magazine in 2014.

“We had disagreements about my drinking, as fans are happy to report you if you’re spotted out at 3am.

“But if we had a game on a Wednesday and the manager said to me, ‘I heard you were out Sunday night,’ I’d say, ‘Yeah, I go out Sundays.’ I was single, I was 21. I wasn’t a golfer.

“Drinking was my hobby, I suppose. I’m not giving it the thumbs up, but it was my trait. I don’t know why – because I’m Irish, maybe, because I lived by myself. Boredom kicked in.”



from United In Focus https://ift.tt/LbNCEVG

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post