Man Utd talent's two preferred destinations have been named ahead of Old Trafford exit, one club 'were keen' on signing him

Hannibal Mejbri is unlikely to complete a move to one club ahead of the Manchester United player’s ‘expected’ exit from Old Trafford, according to stunning reports.

The 21-year-old France-born midfielder has struggled to establish himself in the Manchester United first team under manager Erik ten Hag.

Hannibal Mejbri managed only 10 appearances for United in the 2023-24 season before he was shipped out on loan to Sevilla back in January.

Sevilla had the option to buy Hannibal for a fee worth £17.2m had the United player impressed during his loan spell at the La Liga club.

However, the Tunisia international only managed six La Liga appearances during his six-month loan spell, with Hannibal making only one start for Sevilla.

Sevilla turned down the option to sign Hannibal after his disappointing spell and the United player returned to Old Trafford at the end of the 2023-24 campaign.

READ MORE: Rio Ferdinand’s immediate nine-word reaction after speaking with Man Utd star’s family, his entire perception changed

Assistant Manager Ruud van Nistelrooy, First Team Coach Darren Fletcher, Christian Eriksen, Hannibal Mejbri, Marcus Rashford, Manager Erik ten Hag,...
Photo by Ash Donelon/Manchester United via Getty Images

Hannibal and Man Utd future

Hannibal Mejbri was left out of Manchester United’s first-team squad for the opening Premier League win against Fulham at Old Trafford last week.

The United talent is now expected to leave the Red Devils before the transfer window shuts, with Hannibal wanting to secure playing time away from Old Trafford.

According to ManchesterWorld, Scottish side Rangers had been ‘keen’ on Hannibal and were weighing up a potential swoop for the United midfielder.

However, the publication now reports that Hannibal is unlikely to move to the Ibrox and the Rangers target would prefer a transfer to ‘Spain or France’ this summer.

READ MORE: Peter Schmeichel predicts Man Utd have ‘world-class’ star in making under Erik ten Hag, he has seen ‘lot of improvements’

Hannibal talks Man Utd and Sevilla

Hannibal claimed that he should have had more playing time at United and admitted that he disappointed during his spell with Spanish side Sevilla.

Speaking to The National earlier this month, he said: “Last season was OK when I was at United, but I felt I could have had a little bit more game time after the Brighton game when I scored.

“As a player, you always want more, so I decided to go on loan to Sevilla. I experienced a lot of things there.”

Hannibal added: “It didn’t go well but I feel like I learnt a lot and that I’m more mature. I can feel that around the United players now.

“I’m not going to say that I’m considered an old player because I’m only 21, but they are not treating me like a young player either. I feel respected by my teammates.

“As a footballer, I just want to play and show myself. Every player will say the same. I’m tired of sitting on a bench watching others play.”



from United In Focus https://ift.tt/zdlVvsi

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post