Benjamin Sesko has got back amongst the goals for Man Utd, and he has moved to calm the fears that he could become Romelu Lukaku 2.0.
Two goals in the last two games have finally given Benjamin Sesko some momentum after he missed all of pre-season with an injury.
The goal against Sabah, in particular, was a composed finish that spoke of a player who is finding his confidence and clinical edge again.
Sesko has now moved to calm the fears arising from a visible change in his game that saw a feeling of deja vu awaken in Man Utd fans‘ minds of Romelu Lukaku.

Benjamin Sesko focused on losing muscle
On paper, “losing muscle” sounds like a bad thing, but at the end of the day, football is not a powerlifting sport where fighting is involved.
Some players are better when their muscles have to carry less weight, so their athleticism remains intact.
Bruno Fernandes is the biggest example of the same, as he doesn’t stand out for his physique, but his athleticism is second to none.
The same goes for Sesko, who is tall and big, but does his best work when he’s using that physique in combination with his frightening speed.
Sesko looked really buffed up in pre-season, which was a result of doing too much gym work when his injury didn’t allow him to do much on the grass.
That isn’t ideal for players like him, and just invites injuries, as excessive load on the muscles leads to straining and tearing.
Sesko has now moved to calm those fears by acknowledging that he’s focused on losing the extra muscle mass to retain his explosiveness.
He said: “Obviously, I had quite some time from the injury to gain some muscle. I lost a lot because I was overweight with muscles, and I couldn’t really move so much, but now I feel very good and I think I’m in the right place at the moment.”
Man Utd fans will remember Lukaku having a similar issue when he returned from the 2018 World Cup.
The Belgian arrived full of muscle, built like a boxer, and lost his yard of pace while becoming more injury-prone as a result.
He could never shake it off, and today, he is forever battling injuries after losing his athleticism.
It would have been a shame to see Sesko walk that path, but he’s been smart about it, knowing the effect it can have on his game.
The results are already visible, as the Slovenian looks better and better with each game.
from United In Focus https://ift.tt/2LIausZ