Manchester United are looking at signing Lens RC superstar talent Mezian Mesloub, right now. Speaking exclusively to United in Focus, Lens supporter and media creator Maxime Louvier Le Barzic has shared the inside scoop on who the wonderkid is.
In the wake of almost certainly losing JJ Gabriel, Manchester United have been linked with almost replacing him with a supertalent emerging in Ligue 1 at Lens right now. Mezian Mesloub is the name, and alongside most of Europe’s elite, United are in the ring attempting to win his signature.
United have identified Mesloub as a top target, a talent that would fit the bill of being Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s ‘next Mbappe’, which he asked for in 2024. Mesloub wouldn’t be able to join until after his 18th birthday in November 2027, meaning a January 2028 arrival is the earliest possible.
But who is this talented 16-year-old set to take Europe by storm?
Mezian Mesloub tipped to become the next Lamine Yamal
At 16, Mesloub is as exciting a talent as anywhere in Europe, so signing him would be a massive coup for United and would absolutely soften the blow of losing Gabriel, considering he comes without the extra baggage.
Speaking to Lens fan and X account Maxime Louvier Le Barzic exclusively for United in Focus, it is clear that the Portuguese and French dual national, Mezian Soares Mesloub, is a massive talent.
How would you describe Mezian Mesloub as a player?
“Mezian Mesloub is a very technical player, he knows how to move the game forward, if I had to compare him to another player in the same style I would say Lamine Yamal, he has the potential to become a very big one.
“I am very enthusiastic about Mesloub because I think he has everything to become a very great player, become the Portuguese/French Messi, he has a hell of a Potential since the youth categories at RC Lens. I hope he will be able to realise his potential.”
How would you envision him suiting Premier League football and Manchester United?
“The Premier League is a very physical championship, with a lot of contact, for his profile I think he needs to improve physically speaking but it would be a very good opportunity for him.
“I would like him to stay at RC Lens lol, but more seriously I think that if Man United manages to stabilise internally he will be a very good player for you! It can really bring you Speed, Dribble, Game Vision level. A bit like Ronaldo at the time of Ferguson.”
Anything else United fans should know about Mesloub?
“I would like to add one thing, Mezian Mesloub is the son of Walid Mesloub former RC Lens player! And during the match against Nantes last season he came back in the 71st minute and scored after 10 seconds on his first ball to send Lens to the LDC! This season he has already contributed to the Lens victory against Prague thanks to his monstrous entry and his decisive pass for Thauvin for the 2-2.”
Interestingly, Mesloub bears a passing resemblance to Gabriel in stature, both being slight, yet the Lens wonderkid stands at 5ft 11in tall, which is almost half a foot taller than Gabriel.
Clips of Mesloub show he is very silky on the ball and has a wonderful confidence and desire to be the star every time he touches the pitch. With a national battle set to ensue between Portugal and France, United will be hoping his club future is Old Trafford-bound.
from United In Focus https://ift.tt/dU2u7PQ