Senne Lammens will not be able to escape the spotlight immediately after the Manchester United No 1’s experience at the World Cup with Belgium.
The 24-year-old Belgian shot-stopper played his part in his native homeland crashing out of this summer’s World Cup after the 2-1 quarter-final defeat to Spain.
Senne Lammens had been called into action in the second half after Thibaut Courtois’ injury saw the Manchester United star make his World Cup debut.
The Man Utd ace was on the pitch for a matter of minutes before he pushed Pau Cubarsi’s long-range effort into the path of Mikel Merino for Spain’s winner.
READ MORE: One major positive from World Cup amid five disappointments I saw from key Man Utd players

Senne Lammens’ first Man Utd interview is his blueprint to bounce back from his World Cup experience
Senne Lammens has not linked up with his Manchester United teammates immediately after Belgium were knocked out of this summer’s World Cup.
The Belgium international will have eyes all over him to see how he can recover from a David de Gea-esque error at a World Cup when he returns to club football.
Lammens had only been elevated to the Belgium senior team in 2025 amid his successful debut season at Old Trafford after his move from Royal Antwerp.
However, the ex-Royal Antwerp star knows all too well what makes an elite shot-stopper stand out, including the confidence that he must hold from his teammates.
“I think if you want to be a good goalkeeper, you have to be a rock behind the defence,” he told Manchester United’s official website in 2025.
“They have to trust you and count on you in difficult moments. That is something I take pride in.
“Of course, I can improve in this because the next level is bigger, but it is one of my attributes that I am proud of and I try to improve.”
Tom Heaton has now reinforced that Senne Lammens’ mentality is what won’t lead to a regression for the Man Utd star
During his interview with Man Utd, Lammens had talked up the “best attributes” for a shot-stopper, including “staying calm under pressure” in “any circumstances.”
This is the first circumstance where a mentality monster like Lammens will be tested and the Belgium international must now rise to the occasion going forward.
Following Man Utd’s pre-season loss to Wrexham on Saturday, it is safe to say that Tom Heaton also recognised that Lammens’ mentality is his way out of his setback.
“Yeah, I spoke to him [Lammens]. He’s obviously off on a break now, a much-needed break, after a long World Cup,” Tom Heaton said, as per The Sun.
“It was obviously a challenging moment for him, but I think that’s the life of a goalkeeper. As soon as you put the gloves on and go between the sticks, you have to be ready to deal with that. He certainly is.
“I actually think he’ll be stronger for it. His personality is fantastic for a goalkeeper, so no issues there. It’s obviously disappointing for him, but as I say, I do honestly think it can help him in the long run.
“It’s certainly tough, but his personality is suited for it. He’s very strong mentally and he’ll be absolutely fine.”
Lammens’ first words at Man Utd should empower him to move forward with his head held high rather than become a haunting reminder of his first key setback.
from United In Focus https://ift.tt/DVx9t5Y